1 Aug 2023

1st August 2023 Keep on bailing!

 ~o~

 Tuesday 1st 15C/60F. Overcast and breezy. All day rain is promised. With the possibility of cloudbursts and thunder.

 While much of the rest of the world baked under drought conditions. July 2023 was the wettest ever recorded in Denmark. With 140.9mm. Breaking the previous record of 1931 with 140mm. Records go back to 1874. Though with no decimals of millimeters of national rainfall at that time. 

 There has been no real summer here and outdoor attractions are struggling with a lack of visitors and tourists. Unfortunately July is also holiday time for many. Including the schoolchildren's national holiday. Back in June Denmark was suffering from a drought! Aid was being promised to affected farmers. Who had dead patches in their fields and fears of a very poor harvest.

9.00 Morning coffee over. The rain held off until I almost reached my usual turning point. Then I felt a sprinkle on my bare legs. I was wearing shorts to avoid overheating in my jacket. Whereupon I quickly turned about. I returned safely home without so much as another drop. Now it is raining steadily. A dark track, from deer crossing the field to a hole in the hedge, is just visible at centre left in the image above.

 I had chest pains on my walk and I know precisely why. Because I had rocked the heavy car trailer repeatedly before leaving. To dump off the huge puddles in the tarpaulin cover from overnight rain. I should have bailed the water out with my usual plastic bucket. But I was in too much of a hurry and too lazy to search for the mislaid bucket. I ought to buy another arched crossbar to go under the tarpaulin. Then the puddles shouldn't form. 

 Dinner was poached eggs on toast. I seem to have forgotten to photograph it. So, here's one I made earlier. 😏

 

 Museum tomorrow. A dry sunny morning is promised. Just for a change. Rain later.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment