21 Aug 2023

21.08.2023 Keep on mowin'!

 ~o~

 Monday 21st 56F. Clear sky but misty at 5.45. A restless night listening to gnats whining. Then overheating by hiding under the duvet. I was bitten several times. Up at 5am. Bitten again while upstairs. 

 8.30 Had half my usual walk to the lanes. Two hares were sunbathing out on a field. They moved steadily away despite the distance between us.

 9.00 I showered before driving over to my friend's place. To deliver a 4m high, Japanese, tripod stepladder. The wide base will provide a safer perch for trimming back trees and hedges.

 12.00 Back home and struggling to stay awake. Had a nap.

 13.00 Lunch. 

 14.00 The grass needs another trim. 

 16.00 73F. Warm sunshine. I am dripping with sweat. So I just cooled off under the cold tap. I have cut all the grass again. Trimmed various hedges and cut back verges. Almost another full trailer. What a hero! A legend in his own time. 😏

 20.00 I have tidied up outside. Dinner was chips with fish fingers and tomatoes. It is very warm upstairs at 25C/77F. Thank goodness I can sleep downstairs. I just hope I am not bothered by whining and biting gnats again.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment