16 Aug 2023

16.08.2023 Failing to harvest.

 ~o~

Wednesday 16th 15C/60F. Overcast and breezy. A mostly dry day is promised. Museum day. I'll ride there.

 I am leaning towards plastering the ugly, rendered wall in the lounge. Hopefully the lighter plaster won't fall off the wall as much as cement render while working it. It should also be much easier to move around and level. Once I get a reasonable surface I can paint the wall white. Which should bring lots more light into the room. 

 I also need a Venetian blind for the corner window above my bed. I considered another roller blind but that lacks adjustability of light levels. It's either up or down. In between makes little sense.

 7.20. Going for a short walk to loosen up.

8.15 My walk was paused while I chatted with another of my nice neighbours.  

I drove to the museum. Because I planned to go straight onto my British friend afterwards. Today I was mainly helping with the annual assembly of the old harvester/binder from around 1940. Unfortunately the annual harvest did not go so well. The machine is worn out and needs lots of detail restoration.

Driving to my friend's place, along the rural lanes, was a delight in the warm sunshine. I have found the most picturesque route of the many. Without much deviation from a straight line. We had a good chat on technical topics that interest us both. With a pleasant stroll around his extensive grounds.

The huge harvesters were busy again locally.

Dinner was poached eggs, beans and chips.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment