18 Aug 2023

18.08.2023 Sausages.

 ~o~

 Friday 18th 15C/60F. Overcast and breezy. Possible showers. Woke earlier but dozed for an hour. Aching all over from yesterday evening's, gardening activities. A walk should help. Loads more laundry hanging outside. The towels are wet again after overnight rain. I need to shop but have an appointment for a haircut at lunchtime. I might as well wait and do something more pressing.

 9.00 A walk removed most of the aches and pains. The farmers were spraying a field. With the wind coming my way. So I turned back. The hedges still need work but everything is still sopping wet.

 10.15 Still cleaning, laundering and tidying. In readiness for next week's visitor. Who is allegedly offering to tidy and clean. Which means I have to make an effort first. Not having visitors denies me the desperately needed poke with a sharp stick. Just to keep the place presentable. 

 I found a frog trapped in a half full bucket of water outside. It safely hopped away after being tipped carefully onto the lawn. A foraging blue tit has just landed on the small anemometer and did a few quick turns. 

 The kitchen needs less furniture. The large trolley is a magnet for unsorted "junk." With only a top surface and a lower one. It is far more fresh air than useful storage. Apart from looking awful in its constantly untidy state. 

 A "rustic" corner shelving unit is as hideous as it was in the lounge. I have finally "recycled" the countless plastic containers my wife kept on there. The small, meat trays were her seed trays. The empty yogurt pots her free plant pots for her seedlings. I had no real use for either but old habits kept them being stacked up ever higher. Just in case.

 Can't stop. The washing machine has fallen silent again. Now I really do need a washing line!

 14.25 Four more baskets of dry laundry brought in. I used an old clothes horse for extra drying space out on the lawn. 

 The sheep sheering went well too. I have an appointment to see the doctor about the mole on my back. Which means I seem to have forgotten to have lunch.

 18.00 Late lunch, then a nap and then bringing in several more wheelbarrows full of clean, dry clothes. I suppose this is an indirect admission that I have been slacking.

 19.00 Dinner looms. I had better pretend I can cook something other than mashed potato. 

 21.00 64F. Dinner was pork sausages, mushrooms, baked beans and chips. I made a change from chicken. The beans had to be used up. I can't manage more than half a tin at a time. Nor more than two sausages. So there's the makings of Sunday dinner in the fridge. The sausages. The beans have gone.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment