30 Aug 2023

30.08.2023 Battery suction?

 ~o~

 Wednesday 30th. Occasionally bright overcast. Up at 6.15. Museum day. I shall ride there. There is some risk of showers.

 8.00 Returning from a short walk to capture some more images of the renewed earthworks. Several 7-axle tipper trucks were coming and going in the short time I was hovering. While I was busy snapping away with my phone camera. 

 The new drive surface level seems to have been established. Now huge quantities of new soil being added to spread the sides outwards. Eventually raising the field to provide grazing and an attractive approach. The skilled excavator driver is quickly moving the soil to allow more to be dumped.

 14.45 Returning from the museum. Where I spent the morning hacking at moss between the cobbles in the huge yard with a sharp edged hoe. Progress was around an hour per m^2. The earth filled spaces between the cobbles provide a growing medium for many plants. There is a constant rain of leaves from the huge trees surrounding the farm.

 It was odd how quickly the bike battery lost charge today. Only 31km and the battery dropped from fully charged at 100% down to only 17%. I managed 70km for less loss the other day. I have checked the wheels spin freely. No brake disks dragging. 

 Dinner was chicken and mushroom with chips.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment