24 Aug 2023

24.08.2023 Hot n' cold.

 ~o~

 Thursday 24th 56F. Bright overcast. Up at 6.30 and had breakfast. I am going for walk.

 Today's plan to day is to deliver at least two car loads of boxes to the charity shops. Then to start re-organizing the attic. One bed has gone and the other is rotated. So there is plenty of potential for a far more sensible arrangement. Of both storage and all my [little used] clothing. 

 My skilled helper will no doubt provide the impetus to transform it all. Just like she did yesterday downstairs. It has been a huge boost to have brought some sense to my, now solitary, lifestyle. She has just the right touch of empathy and objective detachment. At a time, when I myself, am finally ready to make the vital break with the past.

Morning walk and shower over.

12.15. 65F. A morning of therapeutic chatting and intensive tidying upstairs. Where it is 75F. Large sacks containing decades of official papers. Plus 50 years of Xmas and birthday cards assigned to paper waste. 

 All my clothes are now on the rail on hangers in proper order. I was going to give up on the rail but now it is manageable. Boxes of charity shop fodder to add to those waiting downstairs for a second run. All very positive progress after total stagnation on my own.

 A car full was duly delivered to a large charity shop. No thanks from the volunteer staff for delivering several hundred pounds [equivalent] worth of sales in total? Peasants! 🙄

 Dinner was chicken and mushrooms with salad. Eaten at a newly empty dining table. All thanks to endless tidying and sorting. The meal was an interesting suggestion and worked well.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment