20 Aug 2023

20.08.2023 Sausages II. Director's cut.

 ~o~

Sunday 20th 15C/60F [at 6.00] Overcast. Two places on south-eastern Fyn had over 30mm rain in half an hour. That is rated as a double cloudburst. 17,000 lightning flashes were recorded. Only 129 reached the ground. I was blissfully unaware of anything happening locally.

 Up at 5am. I was having repetitive dreams and overheating. I had foolishly changed duvets to a warmer example. After being cooler last night. It was a steady 70F in the lounge. Where I now sleep. I changed back to the original [summer] duvet at 4.30 but it was already too late. I was too restless to sleep. All the duvets are duck down and recycled from charity shops. 

It will be a dry day. With some sunny periods possible. Back to tidying? Or should I go for a ride? Things can get a bit depressing when constantly handling my wife's things. Thankfully I have suffered no worse. For having given up the antidepressants at the end of July. 

 The absence of phantom pains. Caused by the 'waterworks' tablets. Has been equally beneficial psychologically. I felt like an aging cripple. When I couldn't even manage a walk to the lanes. I have had no recurrence of these weird pains since giving up these tablets. 

 I had pain in my hands, wrists, forearms, lower back, between the shoulder blades and across my upper chest. The pain was so severe at times that I was literally groaning aloud. I also had bowel problems every single morning. Repeatedly having to sit on the toilet. This also, severely inhibited my highly therapeutic, morning walks. All of these problems have now gone. The frequency and urine flow has remained acceptable and mostly unchanged. Since giving up these "prostate" tablets at the same time.

6.50. Breakfast over. The first signs of blue patches to the NE. Time for a walk.

8.00 17C/62F. Mostly overcast with smudgy clouds. Only one brief glimpse of the sun on the fields during my walk to the lanes. The prairie was still waiting to be baled. There seemed to be some disagreement between the crows on the village church roof. With noisy skirmishes and much wing flapping. The Sunday traffic was almost non-existent.

 There is an annual, open air market in a village a little distance away. Which would make a pleasant ride. Though I shall have to be careful about security. Three ABUS Granite locks should be enough. I wonder if the police would mind me locking my e-bike to their van? 😏

 11.30 22C/71F. Returned from a 36km ride to the outdoor market and back by another route. I walked quickly around the stalls but it was mostly junk. Or stuff which held no interest for me. Short stop at a village pond with lots of ducks on the way back. To eat a Corny micro-bar and drink some apple juice. 

 It is rather breezy but warmer and the sun keeps showing briefly. Plenty of cyclists out training. Including  a peloton of young lady cyclists going well. There were several blokes out training on time trial or triathlon bikes. 

14.00 22C/72F. Lunch over. I have a trailer full of grass cuttings and hedge clippings to get rid of at the recycling yard. Open 24x7 for garden waste. Vital shopping to follow while I am in the village.

15.30 Mission accomplished.

20.00 Dinner was sausages, peas, mushrooms and mashed potato with gravy. I can't remember having made mashed potato myself, at home before. So, something I made at the cooking classes finally paid off. It was all fine. I could have made a bit more potato and slightly less peas. Boiled potatoes are bulkier than mashed.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment