15 Aug 2023

15.08.2023 39km.

 ~o~

Tuesday 15th 66F. [7.45] Bright but milky sky. The promised thunderstorms have been dropped. At least from the local forecast. I was going in the car but may now ride to the cooking classes.  I got up at 7am feeling drugged. 

7.45 Time for a walk I think. 

8.30 It was much too warm for a jacket while the sun was out. Then it suddenly became much darker as I reached home. A tabby cat was settling down behind the car as I approached. Then decided I was a threat and retreated into the undergrowth. It is looking much smarter with most of the grass now pretending to be a lawn. Though my wife would never have been able to manage the heavy new mower. She always insisted on cutting the grass herself. Using the much smaller and lighter Rotak.

8.40  Time for readying the e-bike and having a shower. A laundry crisis is looming unless I do some.

 15.15 Returned late from cooking class. We made tomato soup, a tart and a bagel. The soup was simply incredible. A complexity of flavours beyond simple words. The carrot and onion tart was slightly underwhelming but perfectly edible. The bagel, with salmon, was not to my taste. A headwind coming home but it has stayed dry all day. 39km today.

 No need for dinner. I had already eaten. Far more than I would ever eat at home. So I had a cup of coffee and a biscuit. Job done. A picture would be an overstatement. An exaggeration of humble reality.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment