9 Jul 2023

9.7.2023 A bridge too far.

 ~o~

 Sunday 9th 62F. Clear with bright sunshine. Light breeze. No ill-effects from yesterday's ride.

 8.45 21C/71F. My recorded distance so far is 4141km or 2573 miles. Conversion factor km x 0.62 = miles. Getting windier. Going for a late walk.

Another view of the motorway bridge from yesterday.

 9.30 23C/74F. Just a short walk. Whoops! I forgot to shop yesterday. No rolls! 😳 Shopping! Now!

11.00 26C/78F I have returned heavily laden from the shops. More of a headwind on the outward journey. I had some odd aches and pains in my legs but they had gone on the return journey. It would have been foolish to go for a long ride today.

 A young racing cyclist was out training up ahead as I left the village. With a light tailwind he was averaging 40km/hr. 25mph. I used Sport mode to catch him slowly and held back to confirm his speed. It took some effort on my part to match his speed uphill. Though I could have cheated and used Turbo mode on the climbs. There was no point when he was doing all the work unaided. While I was carrying at least 35-40kg of excess weight over his carbon fiber machine.

 I thought I might ride into town. Probably after lunch. There are some [big shed] shops open on Sundays.

16.00 27C/81F. Just back from a shopping trip to town. It was warm and breezy.  A young scooterist came screaming up the bike path at about 40mph. No plates, so probably limited to 30mph. My right knee started complaining on the way back. So I used Turbo mode. I put my phone in one of the panniers due to a lack of suitable pockets in normal shorts and t-shirt. I went in disguise. As an ordinary person with a bike. Whereupon the phone lost the GPS signal for my ride on the Geo Tracker app. No doubt the Nyon will have registered the ride. I have been feeling very tired all day.  

 The ants were back in the kitchen windowsill in small numbers of tiny speedsters. Probably looking for the predator which massacred yesterday's swarm. I sprinkled a little more ant killer and they stopped running. While I was busy killing off the the wildlife I sprayed the bottom of the pine cupboard for woodworm. I have left it to breathe in the trailer under its tarpaulin cover.

 22.00 20C/68F. It was too hot for Sunday dinner. So I made something hot anyway. Chicken and mushrooms with pasta and tinned tomatoes. I should have mixed it all up. Pretended I was a chef, or something. Next time. I was too timid. Too afraid I would spoil it. 

 It is 27C/80F upstairs. I have napped three times today. Will I sleep? You will be first to know. Right after I do.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment