10 Jul 2023

10.07.2023 Thunder and cloudbursts.

 ~o~

Monday 10th 64F. Dark grey overcast and occasionally breezy. Rain, with possible, thundery cloudbursts this morning until after lunch. I have had the opposing windows slightly ajar overnight. In the hope of dragging down the temperatures upstairs. 27C/80F last night. 24C/76F this morning. 

 It took quite a while to get to sleep. The usual circular memories about my wife. Then I remember having vivid dreams. Which were utterly trivial and meaningless. Bed at 12.30. Up at 6.15. I shall be dozing or napping again. 

 The laundry situation just got much worse. I should do the laundry when it is sunny. Not escape from reality on my e-bike. Oh, wait. I don't like reality! Never did.

 10.10 Still no walk because of the rain. A cloudburst, thunder and nearby flashes of lightning with much louder thunder after ten minutes. It looks, judging from the DMI radar, as if it will continue until well after 12.00. 

 13.30 Still heavily overcast. It has rained more or less heavily all morning. Carbuncle Pond's water level has risen considerably. Though it has gained nothing in beauty. If it overflows we may get a TV presenter to stand in front of it and wave its arms about. AI robot style. 

 The sun came out mid afternoon. So I had to open the greenhouse doors to avoid overheating.

 22.00 15C/61F. I had to use up the chicken and mushrooms. So went with chips and the rest of the Heinz beans. I washed up while it was cooking. I could say I did it all with one hand but I'd be lying. A lazy day, doing little else than sitting at the computer. Or watching TV this evening. I can now answer questions on missing Egyptian pyramids and AI warfare.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment