18 Jul 2023

18.07.2023 99km for a sweety jar.

 ~o~

 Tuesday 18th 58F. Bright but cloudy. A cool summer's day according to the DMI. Westerly wind all day becoming steadily stronger. I ought to get a ride in this morning. A walk first to ease some aches and pains. 

 There were lots of birds in the wild part of the garden this morning. Blue tits were clinging to tall "weeds." Warblers and blackbirds sang and dashed for the trees.

 8.00 Back from my walk to the lanes. It rained lightly at half way. Much worse further north. Where the scenery was masked by a white mist of heavier rain. Traffic was normal. Two, large birds of prey were bombing each other near the church. The earthworks continue to widen but no excavator activity so far today.

 9.30. Sunny. Showered and ready to head north to the sea coast. 

15.30 Returned from a 99km ride. I explored lots of lanes leading to the sea and running parallel with it. Not a great day for the weather. Cool and increasingly windy. I was being blown sideways every time I moved out of the wind shadow of hedges and buildings. 

 It was quite chilly and cloudy. So I wore my cycling cardigan over my racing jersey all day. Munching micro Corny bars and drinking apple juice at intervals helped to keep me going. 4 hours traveling time at 25km/hr average speed and 77rpm average cadence. A small helicopter was offering flights in Bogense.

 16.00 Lunch over. I bought a small sweet jar for 10kr [£1] at a charity shop. For housing my wife's collection of fossils and shells. In a more compact and manageable form. She was always excited when she found something interesting and would bring it to show me. We would argue over the authenticity of specially shaped stones. She always hoped for easily recognizable stone age tools or weapons.

Dinner was salad. I had no Tuna, nor tomatoes so made poached eggs. None of the supermarkets had edible tomatoes. They were orange instead of red. Finding ripe, organic bananas is just as difficult. Greener than an apple most of the time.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment