27 Jul 2023

28.07.2023 Get off my mowin' grass!

 ~o~

 Thursday 27th 15C/59F. [8.00am] Overcast and breezy. Scattered showers are promised. I am off for a walk.

 9.00 Just a short walk. Returned just in time to avoid a shower. 

12.00 67F. Sunny periods with showers. While I could conjure up the motivation I trimmed my beard and then mowed the grass. It was sweaty work in the sunshine. The grass. Not the beard. Mind you, the garden looks ten years younger. 

 Do you want to hear an industrial bakery joke? 😉 Well, Schulstad management was left in charge of the bakery. While the workers went on their annual holiday. The roll size varied in diameter by 2:1. The colour after baking went from light tan to burnt umber. The joke is that the managers still have a job! 😂It's the way I tell them. 😏

 14.00 21C/71F Bright, sunny periods. Back to the mowing. It is even warmer now. The number of yards/meters covered in doing the drive soon adds up. 100m x a minimum of 8 tours. The centre and edges are grassed where the car tires don't run.  

 21.00 15C/61F Dinner was sausages, mashed potatoes, peas and grated carrots with Bisto gravy. Because of so much waste I am now using mini-packs of baby carrots. Which are too small to make rounds. So I decided to grate them to see if it worked. Probably not, because it lacked any real substance. Cutting the carrots into strips may be the best way to go. Or even long ovals might work.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment