25 Jul 2023

25.07.2023 Dome revelation.

 ~o~

Tuesday 25th 15C/60F. Bright but breezy so far. Cloud expected with scattered showers. Up at 7.15 after late night [12.00] to compensate for long afternoon nap.

 I am trying out the 10mm domes on my hearing aids. Everything seems much louder than with the 8mm. Better frequency response too. With lots more lower frequencies. Not sure about comfort so far. I don't usually notice the 8mm at all. The 10mm are much more obvious. I'll try a walk and see if I want to continue with the 10mm.

 9.30 I didn't have a normal walk. I brought back the two wheely bins from the end of the drive. 480m. Then removed dead plants from the forefront of the garden. They had once been potted. Or housed in fruit boxes. Their heavy root balls being placed on the bare soil by myself. In some forlorn hope  of resurrection. They had finally succumbed to heat and drought. And my undivided inattention.

 The modified hearing aids are a revelation. I can hear every detail including myself walking on carpet in carpet slippers. Such was the improvement that I suddenly felt profoundly deaf. When I removed them for my shower.

 A modest ride, to see my friend, beckons. I had better make an effort. Time flies when one is a certified, old fart.

 14.00 Safely returned home after a 53km, two way ride. A string and gusty headwind coming back. I stopped briefly as two cyclists passed me. They ignored my wave and then gave no hand signals at the T-junction. This was despite two cars waiting right behind them for an indication of their intended direction. So I blasted past them and left them in the dust. To chase me pointlessly for miles. 😎

 Dinner was salad with boiled potatoes. I had no tuna to go with it, nor carrots, but it was still fine. 

 BTW: The 10mm hearing aid domes are great. I soon forgot that I was wearing them.


~o~  

No comments:

Post a Comment