23 Jul 2023

23.07.2023 A great indoor barby!

 ~o~

 Sunday 23rd 14C/57F. Heavy overcast, windy, cool and wet. A long, rainy day is forecast. Which is a great shame. Because I have been invited to a normally outdoor, social event by the neighbours. Hopefully the hosts have adapted to the potentially dire weather and we can all congregate indoors.   

 I slept quite well and have not suffered from the "phantom" pains since yesterday morning. I plan to have an early walk in my winter rain jacket. Since I am very unlikely to overheat at these temperatures. There is a gap in the massive rain clouds if I go now.

 8.30 Back from my walk. It stayed dry but very damp. Some pain arose between my shoulders but I kept going. My upper chest is slightly bunged up with mucous again. Only one car passed me while I was out. No progress on the earthworks for several days now. I need to go shopping if there is to be any lunch. [Or dinner!] Given the forecast it will have to be in the car.

 14.00 15C/60F. Overcast, breezy and raining continuously. The rain might just clear for my social event. Lunch over. I went shopping and came back with lots of bargains on my regular groceries. Marmalade and butter were half price! The butter has gone in the freezer. Though I was only allowed six packs for the discounted price. 

 9.45 Returned from the get together. There were ten of us including the three teenage boys. Everybody was in good humour. As stories were related with full hand movements, squeaky voices and funny expressions. 

 Once I was back I dragged the two wheely dustbins along the drive for morning collection. Then ran back because it started raining hard. Only to discover a bag of rubbish waiting to go in one of the bins I had just delivered. Grr. 

 There is something wrong with my chest. I didn't get seriously out of breath but it hurt like hell when I was breathing deeply. Fortunately it soon passed off. If I was lacking oxygen uptake I would be panting from any slight exertion. In reality I can pedal fast. 100-110rpm. While applying considerable effort uphill on the e-bike. Without ever getting out of breath. So it must be muscular rather than functional. 

 Something is restricting my chest expansion. My rest heart rate is presently only about 60bpm. This is not long after returning indoors. After a brisk walk both ways, twice. The first time with two large and heavy wheely bins. 480m total? So I seriously doubt that my heart is involved in the pain. 

 I have noticed the pain tends to come on when I am walking uphill. I don't feel remotely breathless but am obviously breathing slightly more deeply. I tried four days without the pills. Which I initially blamed for the unexplained "phantom" pains. I was still getting the pains after that break. So I restarted the medication. I had better make another appointment with the quack.

 No dinner needed tonight.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment