24 Jul 2023

24.01.2023 A humongous fry-up!

 ~o~

 Monday 24th 15C/60F. Overcast and windy. Possible showers. My chest is slightly bunged up with nasty tasting mucous. I have to keep clearing my throat. No shortness of breath. Up at 7 after sleeping well. I drank nothing alcoholic at the party. Nor at home afterwards.

 Today I have to go into town to get some more hearing aid, silicone domes. I ran out completely yesterday [Sunday.] Before realising my stock was nil. Poor stock control. With everything thrown in together in a box. 

 I have noticed that pressing lightly on the parts of the hearing aids in my ears greatly increases the volume and bass. So I wonder if slightly larger domes would help. By increasing the degree of sealing with my ears. I'll try larger domes at the hearing aid dealers. Just to see if they do help before I restock. 

 I would like to go on my e-bike but might get drenched! Or, I can easily pretend it is winter. Wear my winter cycling rain jacket. I am very unlikely to overheat.

 I didn't overheat on my walk. Slight pain in my chest and between my shoulder blades. My forearms started to hurt too. I deliberately walked briskly to try and get out of breath. It was difficult to believe the pain was directly related to effort or incline.  Have I overdone the cycling on top of the museum exertions? Or is it a side effect of the tablets? I still have no idea.

 9.55 It seems to be brightening up. Though it is still overcast and windy. I'll ride to town on my e-bike.

 14.10 Just finished lunch after returning from town. I obtained the spares for the hearing aids. They managed to get my phone to work through the right side hearing aid. Previously it was only heard on the left. Which ear is almost deaf. Now I can finally hear the conversation on my mobile phone without needing the phone's speaker. 

 After removing my jacket, I pottered around the big shed shops. Then rode back in sunshine with the wind behind me. The only pain was in my right hand. 31km.

 Later I went for my usual 40 minute nap. It ended up as 2 hours and 15 minutes! Which probably means I shall struggle to sleep tonight.

 Dinner was a foolish fry-up to deplete the fridge overburden. Brown mushrooms, chicken pieces and sausages. It took two frying pans and a good 20 minutes as I washed up. The egg looks weird, from being turned over, but was still perfectly runny. I  mopped up afterwards with a full corn, bread roll. 😋

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment