6 Jul 2023

6.07.2023 Yes, we have no tomotoes.

 ~o~

  Thursday 6th 13C/56F. [7.30] Bright and cloudy now but with rain and showers. The DMI radar shows a long, narrow band of heavy rain is heading straight for us, end on. I had hoped for an early walk but will need my winter jacket.

 I woke with the phantom chest pains, shoulders and back at 5.45. Most of the pain eventually subsided. My thumb hurts so much that I dropped a mug. I just couldn't hold it. Only the second item I have broken since my wife died. [15 months ago] Even using the mouse is painful. 

 My lungs still feel wet and I keep clearing my throat. So, overall, I seem to be falling to pieces. Now it is raining hard! Just to cheer me up! Though the radar shows the lower edge should slide north of us some time after 8am.

 Just a short walk to check up on the earthworks. The excavator was parked near the road. No work today? The piles of soil were even higher but without obvious reason. I doubt the lorries can even gain access. It is far too wet and muddy now for me to check the stream and drain. 

 10.00 63F. Bright and rather windy from the southwest. I have been messing about with my blog self portrait. The original picture was a bit dour. Strangely, I cannot shrink the image size on the blog page. I have tried shrinking image size and canvas size in external software but nothing changes on the blog page. 

 I tried narrowing the gadget widths. No real help there. The lists below are reduced to nonsense. I only wanted a modest thumbnail. Not a poster! The default setting is 275 pixels. A thumbnail was the original default. I'll have to do some online research. I played with the HTML code for the image but it had no effect.

 To avoid deepening depression I have been studying the kitchen. For ways to improve the layout and increase storage. An 80cm wide cupboard could replace the present trolley. Allowing me to hide the pans and the tinned and packet goods. Which are presently on an open rack in the corner behind the fridge. 

 The problem is that I cannot move the fridge from behind the [opened] front hall door if I add a cupboard just there. The low, exposed ceiling joist severely limit the height and width of any addition. A cupboard would allow the removal of the open shelving on that wall. Greatly improving the illusion of tidiness. The hall door could be opened back against the dividing wall for the summer. Though not with the shelves and fridge in the way.  

 My bed could be dragged downstairs to go in the NE corner of the lounge. For the inevitable hot weather to come. I just need to overcome my resistance to tidying the moraine of clutter. To make enough room for the bed. Every time I go near any of it my heart sinks. Nothing has moved for months.

 20.30 15C/60F. Dinner was pasta, peas and fish fingers. Guess who completely forgot the tinned tomatoes? Pasta without some kind of "sauce" is intensely boring. Like chewing dry, rubber bands. What a fool! With tinned tomatoes it gains the right texture and some taste.

 The good new is that the wind will drop dramatically by tomorrow. Allowing me to ride safely on my bike again. With such strong gusts I risked being blown sideways. Whenever I emerged from the wind shadow of a hedge or building. The forecast is for a warmer, dry and brighter day.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment