24 Aug 2022

24.08.2022 A pitchfork a day...

 ~~

 Wednesday 24th 63F, sunny, bright and breezy. Up at 6.45 after a reasonable night's sleep.  No walk today. My back hurts. Probably from handling all those branches and chainsawing the huge hedge. Wednesday is farm museum day. What will today bring? 

13.30 78F/26C. Hot sunshine. I have just finished lunch after shopping on the way home.

 I need not have worried about not having my exercise walk today. First I unloaded the old wagon containing last year's hay onto pallets spread on the ground. I used an antique, two pronged pitchfork.

 Then I worked over the field to arrange the harvested bales into spaced rows. Now the tractor could tow the empty wagon back and forth across the field. So I could reload the wagon with this year's bales. It was a bit warm for working hard in the hot sunshine. 😅

 84F/29C in the observatory this afternoon. I came back in at 5pm to have a cup of tea and cool off. 76F/24C outside. 82F/28C upstairs. It will cool outside only very slowly this evening. There's no escape from the heat!

 21.00 68F windows wide open. Dinner was chicken curry. 35 minutes + 5 minutes rest and the rice was perfect. As was the chicken and the Ben's medium curry sauce. 

It was still a sweaty 76F/24.5C indoors at bedtime. I went to bed after midnight.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment