6 Aug 2022

6.08.2022 More obsolete food!

 ~~

 Saturday 6th 50F/10C. Bright, but rather cloudy again. Up at 5am. My back hurts. Too much cycling? All that hedge clipping? Or lifting the mower out of the shed? All of the above?  I should reorganise the shed to let me wheel it straight out.

 6.30 Bright sunshine. Breakfast over. Time for an early walk. 

 8.15. 60F/15C and sunny. My walk lasted from 6.30-7.30. Not much to report. The stealth combine was still sitting innocently under its tree. Yet half of the field had obviously been harvested. It was mostly cloudy. Which rather spoilt my hopes for photography.

 A Horse chestnut was showing the same, ugly browning of the leaves by the leaf miner moth. Which had caused my wife years of leave bagging to no avail. Those who follow my blog will know that I cut down our huge chestnut in the middle of the garden.

 A common and invasive climbing plant seems to have succumbed to the recent heat. Every example I saw in the hedgerows was brown and looked completely dead. 

 12.00 68F/ 21C. Just returned from a short shopping ride. It was windy again. So I went the long, hilly way, through the forest, with a tailwind. Returning into the gale by the direct route. The wind was still strong in the forest. Despite miles of trees in every direction. Mother and son, Roe deer were walking a spray track in a field crop.

 It rained briefly as I exited the shops. Which gave me time to eat an organic choccy bar and drink some apple juice. While I and my trike hid under their big umbrella.

  I prefer the Corny choccy and seed bars for their more generous helping of chocolate. The organic bar was all seeds and no discernible choccy. I bought a small pack of chicken breast to make curry. Just for a change from fish and/or salad. 10 miles.

 16.00 66F/19C, sunny periods and still windy. I have finished trimming the hedges on both sides along the 100m drive. Then I raked up all the trimmings. Followed by strimming and then mowing the grass, several times, on both sides. It looks twice as wide and much neater. 

 My wife's flowers are attracting loads of bees and butterflies. A Harrier flew low over the garden in the afternoon.

 In common with several other EU countries,  Denmark now intends to introduce a new law of their own. Requiring overtaking vehicles to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5m [5'] from cyclists. Will that include the drunks, the drugged, the senile, the psychopaths and owners of BMW/Audi cars? Will the distance rule include pedestrians walking on rural roads?

 Where double white lines are present will drivers have the right to cross these lines to maintain the minimum overtaking distance? Or will they have to follow the cyclist [for miles/km] until it is finally safe to overtake within the law? 

 Will 1.5m long outrigger lollipops be issued for cyclists to fix to their cycles?

 I have an opened jar of Ben's curry sauce in the fridge. It is ages since I made curry. Best not to risk it. I have just searched my blog. It was on the 3rd July. The day I injured my shin while splitting logs. Over a month ago. The advice is to use it within three days after opening and storing it in the fridge. Do I want to drive 14 miles just to buy more curry sauce? 

 Not right now. I'll use up some eggs before they go off. Scrambled eggs on toast. I had better check the date. They are a week out of date. The advice is that eggs last for several weeks after the "Best before" date if kept in the fridge.

 I saw a solitary black pickup as long as a bus earlier. Later I saw a whole convoy of classic American cars. The deep rumble of their big engines is amazing.   

 I let the scrambled eggs stick to the pan while I was doing something else. Silly old blogger. Though it didn't do any harm and I couldn't taste any difference. 

My brother rang and we had a good long chat. I am very fortunate to remain so fit for my age. [75]



~~

No comments:

Post a Comment