18 Aug 2022

18.08.2022 Stack 'em up.

 ~~

Thursday 18th 63F/17C, misty, breezy and heavily overcast. Several bouts of heavy rain so far. Which the garden desperately needs. As do many others.

 Up at 4.50 after yet another, warm, restless night, sleeping downstairs. [76F/24C] I was woken by gnat bites several times and heard then whining near my ear. Which made me dive under the large bedsheet. Where my breath made it feel even warmer! Temperatures are supposed to begin to drop over the weekend. 

 Just my routine walk to the lanes. Lots of bales stacked up on the prairies. It stayed dry and humid. The wind turbines were turning briskly despite there being no obvious wind.

 It is announced that the Norwegian, walrus killing zombies are to raise a statue. To remind us all that zombies rule the earth. And, that Norwegians greatly prefer a statue to a living creature. They could have saved themselves the trouble of having a collection. If they had paid a security guard to euthenase any zombies which came too close to the living creature. 

 It is the first day of a large outdoor market a few miles away. They always had large stalls with wooden tool handles in the past. I am thinking of going over there. In the hope of find a new handle for my navvy's pick. 

 Trike or car? Rain or dry? The forecast is for the rain to be over by the time I am likely to head that way. The handle can be tied to the trike. If I can find a handle that fits. I can't make out from the website whether the market stalls are actually open today. It looks as if this is more of a setting up day. There is no mention of the market opening time today. Only from tomorrow. It might be better to go tomorrow. 

11.45 72F/22C. Brightening up. Just had a nice chat on the phone. Before that I went shopping and dumped off the old toilet at the same time. Though not literally. I forgot to buy some sunscreen. My arms are turning to mahogany from the cycling.

 The Danish government is compensating those with gas central heating. To the tune of 6000 kroner. [£680] All because of a dramatic price increase for gas. I have mentioned this before. 

 Those who heat with wood pellets or briquettes had a massive price increase too.  Simply because those with gas heating started to use their existing wood stoves to save money. Suddenly it was impossible to obtain these pre-packed, waste wood briquettes. When they were in stock they were double last year's price. 

 A day of laundry, dozing and browsing. Who would have believed I'd ever say it was good drying weather? It was too.

 With the bread restocked I could relax and make mackerel on toast with soup and a roll to follow.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment