19 Aug 2022

19.08.2022 Far too many options!

 ~~

 Friday 19th 63F [7.30] Overcast. Possible thundery showers. Up at 6am after being eaten alive by gnats overnight, sleeping [fitfully] downstairs. [76F.]  The current heatwave is said to be over but it will chill only slowly. My laundry did not dry overnight on the rotary airer.

 More Danes are likely to become homeless. Due to a lack of help from the government [taxpayer] to combat massive price inflation/profiteering. Meanwhile "they" are pouring billions into supplying Ukraine with weapons. 

 I can see the argument. That it is cheaper to slow Pootin the Truly Awful now. Rather than pay the price [later] of global tyranny at the behest of a deranged "nutter." Aided and abetted by that other "nutter" Sly The Merciless. Whom presently supplies our cheap toys. In exchange for our never mentioning his global slave trade. Meanwhile candidates for the gravy train are promising to give away taxpayer's money to the rich.

__________________________________

 I am torn between riding to the annual market [16km+16km or 10+10 miles] to try and find a new pickaxe handle. Or waiting at home, all day, for a small package to be delivered. The contents being the size of an egg cup and worth only a few pounds/kroner. But whose packaging will almost certainly have expanded. To exceed that of a carefully wrapped and priceless football. 

 If I drive to the market. Then I will join the 60,000 others visiting the same market. Which means queuing for a parking space on a distant field and then walking to the site. Or, I could wait for the parcel to be delivered and then go. Or, I could go tomorrow. Eeny, meeny, miny moe.

 8.45 64F/13C. Still overcast. Morning coffee. No walk so far. I have put out a large, clear tub with lid for the package. Which means I will have to constantly monitor the post box. Instead of getting a knock on the door. I have put my large, printed notice in the bottom of the tub. Saying that I am at home.

 If I cycle to the market will my trike be safe from thieves? If I drive, will my car be safe without any functioning door locks? What if the promised thunderstorms erupt upon my defenceless, pedalling bod? OMG! Too many options. Too many hurdles. Too many potentially, life-changing decisions! 😳 Stop laughing at the back! 😄

The parcel arrived at 12.00. So I am free to go to the market. Not yet free to make a decision over my mode of transport.

 Well that was unexpected: The carpenter I asked to price the bedroom window installation has turned up out of the blue. His company was installing new windows nearby. So he looked in and found me at home. I was given a price which I could not ignore. Just for the installation of the window. Sealed within a raised timber frame. I would be responsible for insulation and cladding the gable end inside and out. 

 We discussed the blown, double glazing units around the house. These would only be affordable if I fitted them myself. It seems they have doubled in price because of the Pootin energy crisis. 

17.00 70F/21C. Overcast again. I went to the market by car to save wasting a couple of hours travelling time. Luckily they had a tool stall with several pick-axe handles in the correct size. By the time I paid for petrol, 45 kroner for parking and 275kr for the handle I was out of pocket to the sum of £40! At least I can finally break up the old concrete slab pretending to be a patio. 

 Dinner is salad. With lettuce, tuna, cucumber, boiled potatoes, poached eggs, mature Cheddar cheese and tomatoes.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment