15 Aug 2022

15.08.2022 The Norwegian zombie problem.

 ~~

 Monday 15th 63F/12C. Misty, grey overcast and breezy from the SE.  Another hot day is forecast. With possible thunderstorms later. Up at 6.30 after a reasonable night sleeping downstairs. It was 76F/25C at bedtime. Still over 80F/27C upstairs. I found a larger bed sheet to hide from the gnats but wasn't bothered by them. I wonder what all the loud farm machinery noises were yesterday? Presumably baling. Or preparing for the next harvest. They don't leave it for long before they seed drill again.

 Isn't it odd how "somebody" can decide to put down a healthy walrus to protect it from "stress." But nobody considered putting down all the zombies. Which allegedly stressed the walrus. The walrus had the freedom to leave, but didn't. Suggesting a complete lack of stress. Perhaps even a happy walrus? The drooling zombies had a choice not to go near the walrus, but just drooled. It's what zombies do. Norway is now known worldwide as the land of drooling zombies. But no tame walruses.

  I left at eight for my walk. Into far heavier traffic than normal. The prairie had been baled and cleared. After completing my walk to the lanes I looped around a field waiting to be baled. Three quarters of an hour altogether. The mist has lifted. Even a little sunshine after nine. 

 I feel the need for a ride. There should be Heinz salad cream back in stock about eight miles away. 

13.30 85F/29.5C outside. 84F/29C indoors. t was mostly veiled sunshine for my hilly ride. I bought two small bottles of salad cream. Then found a nice scarf in a charity shop to protect my neck from the sun. Going well. 38km or 24 miles.

 I am going with chicken curry tonight. 35 minutes of rice simmering this time. 30 minutes was not enough. The rice was still hard. The rice was much better for the extra five minutes. Plus five minutes rest.

 Still 80F/27C upstairs at bedtime. Back downstairs again.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment