1 Aug 2022

1st August 2022 Escapee.

 ~~

 Monday 1st  60F/15C heavy overcast. The forecast is for a sunny day after a cloudy start. Up at 5.45.

 7.00 I have just let a Red Admiral butterfly out of the window. It must have been indoors all night. Time for a walk. 

 8.00 61F/16C. Just back from my walk to the lanes. It went from grey overcast and windy with light drizzle. To full sunshine from a blue sky. All in under a quarter of an hour. The roads were wet with some puddles on the way out. The rotary clothes airer was dripping wet too. As I hung out the towels. So it must have rained in the night. 

 There are large yellow flowered plants growing literally all over the place. The Common ragwort is very poisonous to cattle, pigs, horses and chickens. The Danish cattle farmers want it to be treated at the same danger level as Giant Hogweed. I hope the image from the garden is of the correct plant!

 9.30  I will probably go shopping on the trike this morning. Having run out of essentials for lunch. Or not.

 12.00 68F/20C. Full sunshine. A poorly tummy has kept me at home. I was careful about handwashing after handling the slimy mushrooms last night. So it may have been the tomatoes. Most of them were soft and wrinkled but I found two which weren't. They still didn't taste very nice. It is very silly to risk my health on old fruit and veg.

 So I have been splitting chestnut logs instead. All the unjointed rounds are now split and stacked. The jointed ones will probably go to the recycling yard as garden waste. Or they could be dumped out of sight in the garden. To break down as shelter and sustenance for insects. 

 13.40 Lunch over, but I am not getting much done today. I'll try my luck in the observatory. Cloud!

 17.00 69F/20.5C. The open greenhouse is at 80F. The closed balcony at 90F. I've had a nap and now I'm enjoying afternoon tea and a roll with marmalade. The cloud has gone. So I'm going back out to the observatory. 

 20.00 Whoops! I forgot to update the dinner information. Without it I won't remember what I had. Cod in breadcrumbs, frozen, organic peas and half a tin of Heinz tomato soup. With a wholemeal bread roll to finish off.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment