21 Aug 2022

21.08.2022 Little duckies!

 ~~

 Sunday 21st 60F, clear, bright and breezy start to a promising, sunny morning. Wind from the SW. Slept upstairs. Rose at 6.45. Temperatures are falling steadily. A much more comfortable 73F/23C upstairs this morning. 70F downstairs. The greenhouse doors remain open 24 x 7 tom shed the daytime heat. 

 20 Sundays since my wife died. I still struggle to believe it is permanent. Memories of her are still as sharp as thorns.

 I definitely have to shop today. First, I walked the opposite way to my usual direction. Away from the all too familiar lanes. Where I snapped away at the harvested fields. There are already leaves from the next crop sprouting all over the bare soil. 

 I was treated to half a dozen baby ducks playing on a large, garden pond. They would suddenly dash about before settling down again. To feed, or to rise with their wings outspread. Unfortunately there was a dark shadow of a tree across the pond. Which made most of my pictures rather pointless. I was using the full zoom too. Which threw the foreground out of focus despite using F8 aperture priority.

 9.20. 67F/19C. Morning coffee over. I am going back out to the observatory while the sun still shines.

 17.30. 70F/21C. Just returned from shopping in the car. The large and heavy bag full would have needed two trike rides or more.

 20.30 63F outside. 77F indoors. Dinner was a salmon pasty with frozen peas and halved tomatoes. The camera flash has captured some steam.

 

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment