8 Dec 2023

8.12.2023 More snow and I'm a stoker.

 ~o~

 Friday 8th 32F/0C. Heavily overcast. Slightly misty. The remaining leaves on the trees are rustling in the wind. It should remain dry this morning. I need it to thaw soon. So I can fetch more logs. It was hard enough to get the car out yesterday without a trailer attached. I woke at 6.30 but went back to bed. Got up 7.45. I have a slightly snotty nose and wet cough again. Probably fine ash from the stove. Or another bug going around. Several of the class members were absent due to sickness.

 9.30 Back from a short walk. The sky was dark, the roads were wet and the traffic was noisy. I kept hopping onto the snow covered verges. To let vehicles pass. Turning back was into a light but cold SE wind. A heron went over just as a bird of prey started calling nearby. No sign of the bird of prey. I cleared some snow from in front of the car. So at least I can pull way before rolling over the snow.

 My email service is restored after repeated messages back and forth. I missed being able to download and print all the recipes and instructions for this week's classes. Plus the calendars for future classes. 

 19.30 Another load of snow fell this afternoon. It looks like about 4" on top of the MM but I have no clear reference points from indoors. 

 Dinner was fish finger and chips with a few tomatoes.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment