19 Dec 2023

19.12.2023 Another recycled jacket.

  ~o~

  Tuesday 19th 46F/8C. Heavily overcast. A wet and windy morning is promised. Up at 7.30 after earlier awakenings. I was dreaming about lamas hanging their heads over a fence! Why? 

  8.30 64F/18C in the room but feels colder. The bathroom and kitchen have risen to 71F/16C due to milder temperatures outside. I turned the thermostats down on both electric radiators but they continue to warm these rooms. The idea was just to keep the chill off and help the fridge. It doesn't like cold temperatures.

  8.40 I have lit the stove but the kindling is misbehaving again. I am thinking about going for a walk. My back hurts. Perhaps from yesterday's stumble on slippery concrete? It is still dark grey outside. I'll give it and the stove a while to brighten up. The beech burns more readily than the softwood kindling.

  9.15. Stove going well at last. Still dry outside. Walkies!

 10.00 Back from my walk. The wind was light  but cold. The traffic quiet and/or intermittent. It really is very dark today. The room is up to 67F/19C thanks to a fat log going into into the stove before I left. More laundry on the clothes horse. I have to shop today.

 17.30 Returned from town with several carriers bags worth of groceries. I found a nice [high vis green] softshell jacket in a charity shop. 50% off £5 = 25kroner! Naturally I am delighted. It will make a good winter walking jacket when there is a risk of rain. £100 new but discounted to below £40 equivalent in some outlets. It might be better for cold dry weather on the bike than the Endura jackets. Which are not very warm.

 Dinner was cheese on toast. With fresh, cherry tomatoes.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment