29 Dec 2023

29.12.2023 You call that an omelette?

 ~*~

  Friday 29th 44F. Rather overcast and breezy. Though with some turquoise patches. Scattered showers are forecast with SW gusts to 20m/s. 

 Up at 8am after several earlier awakenings. Stove lit. I ought to drive to town to buy a new car battery. I badly need the old car to fetch more logs. Though I daren't risk driving it until I can be sure of its reliability. 

 I checked the engine air filter and it looks clean. Too clean. Just a few dandelion seeds but otherwise pristine.

 18.30 A lazy day mostly spent on the computer. I am doing some online homework on how to make a mushroom omelette. My first attempt at an omelette from fading memory. Can this be true?

 😂 The moment the beaten eggs hit the pan I knew I had been here before. My earlier attempts had been just as bad. I must have pushed it out of my mind to avoid the painful memory. The eggs instantly glued themselves irrevocably to the frying pan. So I just had to keep moving it all about until it was cooked.  Then added the grated cheese and fried mushrooms. 

It ended up looking like scrambled eggs and mushrooms.  It still tasted great. 😋 I may look at buying a non-stick pan. We use them at the cooking classes and they aren't remotely such a problem.

 

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment