4 Dec 2023

4.12.2023 Barrel Boy denies scientific support for COP28!

 ~o~

 Monday 4th 32F/0C. It is expected to hover around freezing point. Heavy snow is supposed to have hit northern Fyn. No sign of any new snow here in the outside lights. The road authorities are telling commuters to leave early and keep their distance. Though I wonder if any of them understand Sensible?

 6.40. Up at 6am after a fair night. I woke earlier. That may have been the dustbin men but I didn't see the usual, flashing, orange lights. They may be later today as they battle the existing snow and ice. 62F/17C in the room. I lit the stove straight away. No point in sitting in the cold at the cost of a couple of extra logs. 

 Dugh! The oil soaked chairman of COP 28 denies any scientific support for phasing out oil and gas. Dogh! Is there any scientific support for letting oil countries dictate human survival levels? Update: Barrel boy backtracks and claims he was misquoted. The widely shared sound file suggests otherwise. 

  8.30 66F/19C in the room. It is lighter outside but still heavily overcast. Continuous tree movement suggests it is windy too. Which will make it feel much colder. [Wind Chill Effect] Another log in the stove and then I shall have my walk.

 9.20. I was gone for 50 minutes. The sky started off pretty. With pink and purple clouds in places. Half the sky seemed to clear to blue, with lightly brushed, high, cream clouds as I headed north. A large and brilliant, orange sun rose through a low gap in the horizon at 9.40. Turning the sky cream and gold and silver. 

 I walked to the lanes and then up the hill. My hopes for a distant view were dashed by mistiness. The wind was not an issue. Barely detectable for most of the time. Occasionally keen when it gained strength to a slight breeze. I wore a thick polo neck jumper under the down sweater. Expecting it to be much colder than it was. It proved too warm and completely unnecessary. The dustbin men had been. So I dragged the empty recycling bin. The 120m back through the 2" of snow to its usual resting place.

 Late morning and an email address, which I have used for years, is suddenly unavailable. The original mail service company was overtaken by another. It still worked fine until today. So I rang the company's customer service number. To be told my email address was cancelled years ago! I used the email service, with this address, this very morning. I rang again and the case was passed onto their supervisor. Who rang me with the promise of a rapid return to normal service.... Two minutes Not yet.

  7.40 and I still cannot log into my email service. Dinner was poached eggs on toast and much earlier than usual. I am working towards an early dinner to avoid sleeping on a full stomach.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment