5 Dec 2023

5.12.2023 Saudi Barrel Boy cancels COP28.

 ~o~

 Tuesday 5th 31F/-1C. Snow forecast for this afternoon. Up at 6.30 after waking in the night. I went to bed early, 10.30, as an experiment. Inconclusive. Too early to tell. My email service is still unavailable.

 7.30 60F/15C in the room.  It feels cold. I have lit the stove. Cooking class this morning. Means I have to get there. 20km each way. The roads should be okay but I'll have to drive my old car. Which won't usually start. So I will have to get it started well before it is time to leave. I am avoiding driving on salted roads with the MM. Unsure about riding the e-bike on potentially icy roads. Not to mention possible damage from salt spray. The aluminium frame and salt are a dangerous mix.

 The Danish unions are joining the Swedes in boycotting Tesla. Until it negotiates union recognition and working conditions.

 COP28: The Saudis announce that they have no plans to phase down or phase out oil. Nor will they allow this to be mentioned in the COP28 [same old, same old bullshit] final "agreement." Which no nation bothers to follow anyway. Not once the 70,000 delegates leave the oil and arms sales market stalls. No free news channels are covering this story. They are all advertising bureaus masquerading as news channels as a sideline. 

 8.00 The old car started immediately. What a relief! Then I had to squeegee 2" [50mm] of snow from all over it. The windows are partially iced up from refrozen snow. Time for a shower.

14.15. I have returned from cooking class. Where we made traditional Christmas fare. I am full! I shopped on the way home. 

 19.00 No dinner required. Constantly feeding logs into the stove. The way the stack is going down will rapidly lead to energy poverty! Overnight snow is promised.

 23.00 32F/0C. Late bed time. There is already at least an inch of new snow. With the rest of the night and all of tomorrow to add its burden.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment