24 Dec 2023

24.12.2023 Beer and wine doth intertwine.

 ~o~

 Sunday 24th 36F/2C. The bathroom and kitchen were cooler than usual at 53F/12C. Up at 5am after having bad dreams and unhappy memories.

 7.30 I was dozing off at the computer while watching YouTube videos. So I finally lit the stove. It will take a while before I can add a larger log. Then I will go back to bed. My guest usually rises much later. The laundry has dried so I can put away the clothes airer.

 8.30 38F/3C. Back up again after catching up on lost sleep. The stove is still going so I added more logs. Now a more comfortable 66F/19C in the room. I have brought another basket of logs in from the greenhouse to pre-dry before they go in the stove. A cold start to a wet, grey day is promised. Though rising to 9C/48F after lunch. Increasingly windy, with gusts over 20m/s all night. Lasting until after lunch before reducing. [Christmas day.]

 14.00 46F/8C overcast. Rain stopped. It might reach 9C later but will become very windy from the west. Gales gusting to 25m/s.

 19.00 Dinner was salad. With tuna and more red wine. We sat at the dining table.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment