23 Dec 2023

23.12.2023 Plus one.

 ~o~

 Saturday 23rd 35F/2C. Possible showers. Up at 6.15.

 07.30 62F/17C in the room. Cleaned the stove door glass. Stove lit. Cleaned the ceramic hob. Cleaned the floor tiles around the stove.

 08.00 Room now at 66F/19C. I have just been along the drive with my builder's ladders. My neighbours' outside Xmas lights became detached from the gable end in the storm. The sky is almost clear except for a little high cloud. While the cars and grass are white with an overnight frost.

 08.30 Still not light enough for a walk. I have to go shopping before the Xmas rush.

 09.30 Back from shopping in the village. Light snow falling on and off. Already quite busy in the supermarkets. 

 10.30 70F/21C in the room. It is brightening up. More tidying, vacuuming and cleaning. 

 11.30 35F/2C. I have mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors and scrubbed the grouting repeatedly. Now I am too hot!  

 13.30 I collected my visitor from the village and drove her home sitting in the rear seat of Morris Minor. As befits royalty.

  19.00 Dinner was sausages, peas, mushrooms and chips. With an excellent, organic, red wine. I cooked while she washed up. We ate at the dining table. As adults do. Though this requires much better lighting for competent photography. The sausages were slightly overdone but perfectly acceptable. I am not used to cooking for two. So the quantities were slightly undernourished. Though very filling. 😋

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment