11 Dec 2023

11.12.2023 Keep on loggin'.

 ~o~

 Monday 11th 40F/4C. Milder, thick mist and overcast. Up at 6.30. No walk.

 12.45 Returned from visiting my friend and shopping. The mist gave way to light drizzle.

 13.00 Lunch over and I have to fetch more logs and kindling. I couldn't get the trailer out with snow on the ground.

 15.30 I collected a trailer full [nearly] of beech logs from the timber yard. All of them are safely stacked in the greenhouse. The rubbish sorted into a container and strewn on a path under the trees. 

 I measured several logs at 20% moisture content which isn't bad at this time of year. It will need some some prolonged sunshine to get that figure down. The air humidity is nearly 100% today! I have had to relight the stove. It went out in my absence. 60F/15C in the room. 

 18.00 66F/19C in the room. I have to use up the last half of the beef mince. It seems "burgers" can be made with straight beef mince. No onion, milk or flour required. Shape, then fry on a high heat with a little oil. Leave them alone until the colour changes to half depth. Then turn. Sounds easy enough. What can possibly go wrong? What do I need to go with them? Chips? Righto. I'll be back.

 Frying the burgers went well. I only added salt and pepper at the very end as advised. The consistency was fine. The flavour OK but lacking something. Seasoning? Onion?

~o~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment