10 Dec 2023

10.12.2023 Snow, snow, go away.

 ~o~

 Sunday 10th 37F/3C. A wet morning is promised. I was woken at 6am by heavy rain. Without my hearing aids it was a dull roar in the background. Heavy rain was far more audible when I lived upstairs. Beer on top of dinner last  night was a mistake. I was topping up the fire bucket three times in the night. My chest feels wet and I keep clearing my throat and blowing my nose. 

 7.00 62F/17C in the room this morning. The stove is lit. I need to tidy up. Lots of laundry to put away from the clothes airers. I left everything hanging to ensure it was thoroughly dry. At least that is my excuse.

 8.00 Still pitch black outside. I turned off all the inside lights. There is barely any daylight at all. Most of the snow has gone. Just a few patches left where it was piled up.

 9.00 Light enough for a walk. It was damp, cold, dark and slightly windy. With light rain falling. My cycling gloves weren't warm enough. I should re-attach my hood to my winter walking jacket. Quite a lot of Sunday traffic. Almost no snow left. A few, seemingly random swathes of white clinging out on the fields. 

21.30 Another day of laziness. Dinner was cheese on toast with a few tomatoes.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment