12 Dec 2023

12.12.2023 A Tuesday evening short of a set!

 ~o~

  Tuesday 12th 35F/2C. Very heavy overcast. I was about to report thick mist. It was only heavy dew on the greenhouse. I woke at 7.45 after getting up once in the night.

8.30 62F/17C in the room. I had better light the stove. Then a walk first before I must fetch more kindling from a few miles away. I am not allowed a trailer on the e-bike. So, even firewood has its CO2 footprint. 

 I hear the genocidal, oil dictators are ruling the roost at COP28. Exactly as expected.  

 9.30 Back from a brisk walk to the lanes. I was too warm on my way back. Lots of bird activity. With a large, brown bird of prey crying all the way across the local landscape. The overcast broke up to mixed cloud and blue sky but no sunshine yet. The flooding on the back field is worse than before but still localised. Record rainfall followed by snow melt was a good test of likely extremes. 

 12.30 Late morning drive to the shops/supermarkets. I bought kindling and then groceries from three different villages. Denmark is lucky to have maintained the village shops. Not all chains are represented in every village. So it means travelling around to shop at each outlet for specific items.

 17.00 Woke from a long nap thinking it was Wednesday morning. Got up and made coffee and it is still only Tuesday! I was looking for pictures of Tuesday dinner to update the blog. No wonder I couldn't remember what I made! Perhaps that's a good thing. It would be worse if I imagined a non-existent meal. I woke up extremely late this morning too. All very odd. 

 19.30 Washed up the backlog and put a load of washing on the airier/clothes horse. Dinner was mackerel on toast. A whole tin of Heinz tomato soup to follow. With a bread roll coming in last. To avoid a photo finish.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment