8 Sept 2022

8.09.2022 Three deer went walkabout.

 ~~

 Thursday 8th 60F/15C. I'll let you [and myself] know about the weather when it gets light. The forecast is early and late showers. With strong winds from the east all day. I have laundered bedding to dry. It was too late and too wet to put it out last night.

 Up at 5am. It's not even six yet. I have a tight deadline to send in the papers to the bereavement court. Returned as email attachments. Having downloaded and printed their PDFs. Filled out by hand, scanned and converted to JPEGs for the return journey. Finally done!

 6.25. Time for an early walk? Heavily overcast but looks dry at the moment. The scattered showers on the DMI radar have already moved north. 

 My composted parking space has turned dark. It must be wet by now. It was dust dry when I was shovelling it. Which helped to keep the weight down and made spreading far easier. The weeds and grass are already coming through from underneath! No sign of any grass shoots from the seeds.

 The ground was unexpectedly dry when I hung the washing out. The sky is an untidy mix of grey and white. With splashes of blue overhead. Burning orange highlights peek through the gaps. 

 Just my usual walk to the lanes. Except for the three deer crossing the harvested prairie. The stubble, from the modern harvester, wasn't tall enough to hide their hooves. Yet the three of them were moving steadily across a 1200m diagonal in broad daylight. They were soon lost to sight behind the thick verge hedge. Later I saw one of them dashing about in the overgrown paddock in front of our house. It has probably hidden in the shelter belt by now. 

 I need to get rid of the latest, discarded furniture at the recycling yard. No more compost for the moment. Some shopping to do while I am in the village.

 10.30 64F/13C, still windy. Rain promised. Returned from the recycling yard. I asked at the carpenters' office when I can expect my window to be installed. Never, by the sound of it. Two more weeks wasted! I could have done it myself months ago. When it was warm and dry. What a clown! I shall just have to do it myself after all. Not today though. It is blowing an easterly gale and will probably be raining. 

 16.00 63F/17C. Overcast and windy but it still hasn't rained. I have resurrected one of my wife's tall, IKEA plant stands. To provide somewhere compact to house my 5 pairs of active shoes and boots. Under the open stairs might be a good place. Out of the way. Not too hot, no sunshine and not too cold nor damp. I just need to sort out the tools. Which are presently flaunting themselves under the stairs. Sitting untidily on low IKEA shelves without a valid purpose. Lazy git!

 Tomorrow's weather looks fine. With light winds and dry.  I know how I am going to frame the new window with the 50x150 timber.

 It will seem odd to have  square window with glazing bars after all of these years. Many of them with tarpaulin over the outside! To stop the racist drunks, next door, from standing and staring up at us. As they had another illegal bonfire.

 The front beech hedge has recovered well from being hacked to a fraction of its former self.

 17.00 60F/15C. It finally started raining. Blowing even harder too!

 I bought some free range chicken breasts and plan to have curry tonight. The poor frying pan is still looking awful from last time. Permanently stained black. Despite sitting with washing up water in it for week and scrubbing it repeatedly with a fibre pad. I shall just have to go on using it as it is. Shirley would have been furious! She told me off for simply washing it up. How was I to know?


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment