29 Sept 2022

29.09.2022 Rain!

 ~~

Thursday 29th 48F/9C. Pitch black and raining at 6.15. Up at 5.30. I was too hot in bed at 64F. Dustbin day but I had nothing in the bin. Thursday is my second cooking class of the week. I am aching all over from yesterday's exertions. How am I supposed to walk it off if it is raining? I am also bunged up. Nose and throat. Probably all that dust while threshing yesterday. Do I have "farmer's lung" from one bout of cranking the handle?

 I put on my winter coat and plodded off along the puddled drive. The next shared drive along provided more distance without the tyre spray from the commuters. It rained harder as I returned but it hardly matters. I shall be showering and changing for my cooking class.

  There has been a pause in my painting and woodwork. I really ought to try and prioritise. Where is the maximum benefit to be had? I need to fit curtains to the new window in the bedroom and for the tall balcony doors. I have the cloth but no rails to hang them up. I balked at the price of curtain rails in town. There is no real need for curtains from the privacy point of view. I just feel a bit exposed and the daylight bothers me when I want a nap during the daytime. Some insulation and draught reduction would be likely side effects.

 13.30 I have returned from my cooking class. Sausages in apple and onion sauce. Red cabbage salad with hazelnuts. Pineapples with whipped cream sauce and macaron. It was all delicious and we had a good time. Lots of joking and laughing. 

 I shopped on the way home. It has rained all morning. Heavily at times. At 13.40 the sun came out very briefly. The wind is picking up too. Had a nap and then did some filling in walls and doors frames.

18.15. 52F/11C. It has stopped raining. As I have already eaten a full meal I have no need of the usual dinner. Something simple on toast I think, but without the familiar beans and tinned tomatoes. Cheese on toast? Eggs on toast? Scrambled, fried or poached? Mackerel on toast? 

 Scrambled eggs on toast with grilled, halved tomatoes. I have lots of eggs but haven't been eating them. The scrambled eggs turned into an omelette on toast. Weird.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment