15 Sept 2022

15.09.2022 Grass up.

 ~~

Thursday 15th 52F. Bright and sunny start. A windy day [gusting to 30mph] from the NW. With sunny periods. Up at 7am after quite a reasonable night. I walked along to collect the dustbin. It is very noticeably cooler. The parking space has a green blush from all the new blades of grass. This is something I see regularly out on the fields. The individual plants are too small to see at a distance but give a "wash" of colour to the bare earth.

 Thursday is my men's cooking class. I have to leave about 9am in the car to get there on time. Today's recipes are safely printed out. They send them as PDF attachments to emails. Handy to give the keen cooks a chance to see what they will be preparing. 

 I wish there was some way to make remembering their names easier. The farm museum has a very useful crib sheet with photos of all the volunteers. The cooking classes are smaller but, yet again, consist of firm, long lasting groups. So only a new boy would need to learn all the other's names. 

 Now add the difficulty of hearing clearly while deaf. As they individually introduce themselves. While everybody is talking at once in an echoing room. I'm not moaning. Just reflecting on the difficulties. As one who wants to respect the other group members by remembering all their names. 

 My part in today's food production was a huge bowl of mashed potato. With enough for 9 people. 6 of us managed to polish it all off. I did most of the peeling. Then I mashed first before using a handheld mixer to fluff it up. It was obviously well received. 

 The greenhouse was warm at 83F on my arrival back at home. So I opened the greenhouse door to the front hall and the interior  doors. To spread the heat into the house. This worked quite quickly. With more of a drop in the greenhouse than a rise indoors. About 3:1 in degrees F. Rather than leave the hall door to the greenhouse open it might be more beneficial to let the greenhouse heat up again. Then share it indoors at intervals. 

 I mowed the grass including the 100m drive. Both sides and the middle. The grass on the parking area is shooting up now. More obviously where the compost is thickest. I shan't mow this yet.

I forgot to mention that a black squirrel ran across the road in front of my car. I don't think I've seen a squirrel in Denmark in the last 20 years. The last one was up in the huge willow in the NW corner of our/now my garden.

19.00  I am thinking about dinner. I haven't had fish fingers for a while. I bought some more mushrooms too. 


 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment