25 Sept 2022

25.09.2022 Clouds!

 ~~

 Sunday 25th 51F. Too early and dark to see the weather yet. Promise of a grey day.  The weather turns bad tomorrow. With prolonged rain and lower temperatures.

 Up at 5.45. I had to swap back to the summer duvet. Because the winter one was proving far too warm. 66F upstairs this morning. This is without any heating and the opposing dormer windows on the catch for ventilation. 

 There was no sun yesterday and it wasn't very warm either. Odd that indoor temperatures should hold but I can't complain. Another day without needing to light the stove. I have seen lots of chimneys smoking already. Some as far back as a fortnight ago.

 A half hour, brisk walk to the lanes. Dull overcast with little variation. Patchy mist. Most noticeably on the top half of the nearest wind turbine. Light, Sunday morning traffic.The pain in my knee has vanished. My shoulders are aching instead. Probably the planing of the boards for the hall. I'll use the router. today. With a follower bit to tidy up the edges.

 I will probably fit the architrave to the front hall door to the kitchen this morning. It shouldn't take long. This doorway is visible from the lounge/living room. So the architrave will have a useful, visual impact. In parallel with the architrave on the living room door which frames it. 

11.45 56F and the first sign of sunshine. I have completed the rear hall door to the kitchen and the front hall door to the kitchen. The latter was complicated by the presence of the light switch. I had to notch the architrave around the switch. Then bevel the notch neatly around the edges for easy access.

The image [above] shows the front hall door fitted with its architrave. Photographed from the lounge. Looking across the front hall towards the kitchen. Which is a mess because there is a huge pile of paint pots and tools.

 16.30 58F. Sunshine. I have now done the architrave for inside the kitchen door to the front hall. The greenhouse door is open and I'm heating the house free of charge. 70F/21C indoors!

 18.45. 54F/12C. 69F/20C upstairs. Just woke from a nap. The sky is beautifully streaked with thin, high cloud. Absolutely gorgeous!

 20.20 Still 69F/20C upstairs. Dinner was diced breast of chicken, Fettucini pasta, tinned tomatoes, baked beans and fried tomatoes. 

 I was aiming for curry until I realised that I had no Ben's sauce. So I grabbed everything else I had. The beans were rather superfluous and slightly askew. Though they helped to fill the plate. They just seemed wrong in this mix.

 I bought a used, stainless steel saucepan pan from a charity shop. It was in good condition and midway between my two smallest pans. So ideal after a good scrub. I still resented paying £3 equivalent after donating so much stuff to them. 😉


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment