5 Sept 2022

5.09.2022 Tidying behind Her bed.

 ~~

Monday 5th 59F, overcast and breezy. Some sun is promised for this afternoon. Up at 7am after a deliberately late night. I woke at five but fell asleep again.

 Just a walk to the lanes. Nothing very exciting to report. It is slowly brightening as the clouds part. Still quite windy from the SE.

 12.15. 72F/22C, Windy and bright but still very cloudy. I have spent the entire morning tidying the gable end of the bedroom. In anticipation of the carpenters arriving to install the new window. They needed room to work. So another piece of secondhand furniture has gone out of the window. That too had worm in the plywood back. I was promised the window would be done this week but haven't even had the promised email confirmation yet.

 13.00 77F/25C indoors. I finally cleared the space behind my wife's bed. Where I found some of Tim's school reports, artwork and photographs in a chest of drawers. Bags of Tim's stuffed toys and teddy. The Womble my wife made for him over 50 years ago. She was very clever at that sort of thing. 

 A box full of my 35mm film prints. Still in their folders. All our yesterdays. Boxes and boxes of old books. Never looked at since they were bought. They were too inaccessible. The chest of drawers had to go. Worm ridden again. It fell to pieces as it hit the ground from the 1st floor! I had better make some lunch before I cry.

15.30 70F/21C. I have been going through all the old photographs. 75 years worth. Some even older. It all seems so long ago and so very far away.

 A late afternoon shopping trip. Collected another trailer full of compost while I was there. I have spread it mostly on the garden end of the parking space. To build up the thickness. Then I used the car as a steam roller. I have a haircut appointment early tomorrow morning. I'll take the trailer and get some more compost to save a journey.

inner was salmon pasty, boiled potatoes, baked beans and fresh tomatoes. I started baking the pasty too soon. The potatoes took longer than expected to soften. 35 minutes is safer than 30.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment