24 Sept 2022

24.09.2022 SSD driving me mad!

 ~~

 Saturday 24th 51F. Overcast and slightly misty. With small clouds in the north. Grey elsewhere. Up at 6.45. My knee was hurting badly yesterday. Particularly going downstairs. No idea why. Not so bad today but still painful. Perhaps it was hopping 18" upwards onto the verge?

 A walk to the lanes in calm and slightly misty conditions. The wind turbines were still again. There was a very strong smell of chemicals at one point. Presumably agricultural spraying. 

 A huge tractor, with doubled wheels all round, went past. I think it had a huge rake, or harrow, on the back. Though it is probably a seed drill. I think I can see a seed hopper hiding somewhere in the middle.

 The Danish government has announced that mink torture "farming" will be allowed again from the new year. Most of the opposition and supporting parties are against it. They had this one perfect chance to end the practice after Covid. All the mink in Denmark were put down and the "farms" closed when it was discovered mink were carriers and it was spreading rapidly.

 Ironically, the same government has simultaneously announced an end to cage raised hens eggs. Though not before 2435 at the earliest. On the grounds of cruelty. While intelligent mammals get the green light to suffer in cages. Seriously?

 I have to fetch some small nails for fixing the architraves. The nearest outlet is 7 miles away. What else do I need while I am there? 

  Before lunch I drove to the shops and bought some nails. On my return I fixed the architrave and then used a punch to push the nails under the surface. With flat surrounds the other doors should be much easier to deal with. 

 I added plain boards to e4ach side of the hall door to the kitchen. The walls are badly bowed and there was no room. Not even for the narrower profile. So I scribed the boards to the wavy walls. Now I shall sand the boards and paint them white to match the walls. They will then disappear into the fabric of the building as far as the eye is concerned.

 My tech savvy friend came over to see if he could get the new SSD to be recognised. It wasn't to be. Not even when it was inserted into the laptop. Enough time has been wasted on this drive. It will have to go back.  

 I made a simple dinner of mackerel on toast.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment