20 Sept 2022

20.09.2022 Whoops! There goes my Tuesday!

 ~~

Tuesday 20th 38F. Clear for another sunny day. Unfortunately I can't be at home to monitor the open, greenhouse door. It is my Tuesday cooking class.. The temperature upstairs is 64F this morning despite it being the coldest night so far.

 Up at 6am. I have a cough. Or rather I have to keep clearing my throat. Which feels very wet. It may be all the painting. Or the woodworm treatment I sprayed on the hall doors. 

 I'll go for an early walk to the lanes to see if that helps.

8.00 40F/4C. Bright sunshine. The pheasants were out on the field again but soon retreated. A thin layer of mist decorated the landscape. I had the wrong camera. [TZ7] So wasn't able to capture it as I would have liked. Despite being deaf it is amazing how I hear cars at great distances. Sometimes even before they come into sight. It is mostly tire roar.

 Time for a shower and to ready myself for today's re-socializing. I wish I could remember all of their names.

 Guess who drove half an hour each way to a cooking class for next week? Idiot! I forgot it was fortnightly. Never mind. I had a shower whether I needed one or not. Bought some discounted tins of mackerel in the local supermarket. Not sure whether that paid for the petrol though.

 The council bereavement lady didn't turn up. She's coming on Monday. 

I have just been for a 12mile/20km shopping ride. I kept my cadence in the high 90s to protect my knees. No pain in my quadriceps this time. Going quite well.

 Dinner was mackerel on toast with fried tomatoes and mushrooms.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment