27 Sept 2022

27.09.2022 Stuffed beef.

 ~~

 Tuesday 27th 50F, overcast with all day rain forecast.  Up at 6.40. I had to get up and swap to the winter duvet last night. Then woke to find it lying on the floor! 63F/17C upstairs this morning. Tuesday is my cooking class. I am going for a short walk in the rain first.

 It rained steadily but there was no wind today. My right boot has started leaking. My sock was dark and wet when I removed the Scarpa Revolutions. Themselves a replacement pair under guarantee for elaking. Traffic was busy this morning. A deer popped out of the undergrowth. Paused to look at me and then disappeared in an instant. A small buck and presumably a Roe deer.

 I have put the towels out in the rain to rinse them of residual soap. They have been slightly stiff over the summer. Even when then the wind exercised them. I am using hardly any soap powder. As advised by my late wife.

 I shan't light the stove before I go out. It is 64F upstairs and 61F downstairs. Cool but not cold. The lack of wind means a lack of draughts. 

 14.30 Calm and raining continuously. Back home from stuffing beef with mushrooms and making mushroom sauce. It was all delicious and good fun was had by all. 

18.00 50F/10C and still raining. The house was cool but not cold on my return. So I waited for a couple of hours to light the stove. One log and the lounge went from 60F to 67F. [15-19C] Hovering around 64F upstairs [18C] with no noticeable change so far. It has just risen to 65 [18.5C] at 18.30.

 Two days in a row eating meals away from home. I'll have to have my usual [habitual] bread roll lunch this evening. Italian [wild] raspberry jam, Netto's Øgo organic honey and a mature Cheddar cheese. With Rema1000 Sea salt crisps for a texture contrast. Normally I have sliced bananas and yogurt as desert.

 Off to the farm museum tomorrow. I have never been there on a wet day so far. What, on earth, do they do when it is raining? You will be almost certainly the first to know. Read all about it in the next exciting episode! 😉


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment