18 Oct 2023

18.10.2023 Goofle still banning image uploads on Blogger using Firefox.

 ~o~

 Wednesday 18th. A rather grey day, with light winds, is promised. Up at 5.45. Trying to limit my fluid intake before bedtime didn't help. I still had to get up several times.

 7.00 Still pitch black outside. With barely a hint of brightness low down to the east. Museum day. I may cycle there.

8.30. Or not. By the time I'd had my shower it was probably more sensible to drive there. So I went in the MM.

 15.00 Returned from the museum. Where I spent my time removing the remains of fallen and felled trees. Branches with leaves were dragged off to the compost and wildlife refuge heaps up in the woods. While the sawn logs from the trunks were barrowed away [uphill] to be neatly stacked against a shed.

 It was Apple Festival Day. So the boxed produce from the orchard was being turned into apple juice. Visitors could try their hand at the manual presses. Or just enjoy the various apple varieties coming from electric presses brought in for the day. I chatted with one of the ladies over apple cake and coffee.

19.45 Dinner was making poached eggs on toast. While I washed up two day's backlog. Followed by a small glass of milk and a biscuit.  

 After a couple of stumpy logs in the stove the living room is up to 66F. Warm enough.

____________________

 There is a high risk of coastal flooding in some areas of central Denmark on Friday/Saturday. A westerly wind has piled up seawater in the narrow straits between Fyn and Jylland. The wind is expected to become storm force but from the east instead. Leading to unprecedented high water levels. 

 Sand and sandbags are being provided at high risk locations around south east Jylland, south coast of Fyn, Langeland and south Sjæland. 

 Fortunately I am in no danger. Being well inland and at a safe height above sea level which is unlikely to be reached this century.

Image uploaded effortlessly via Chrome. Still no access to image upload via Firefox.


Re. Inability to upload my own images to the blog: A little digging suggests that Goofle is blaming the EU for the change. It seems that I must add a notification on my blog. [How?] To show that Goofle uses cookies to track children's private information to better target their corrupt advertising. 

 So Goofle has thrown a tantrum and blocked uploading of images to blogs. To punish EU citizens for having the temerity to question Goofle's abyssal corruption.

 The cookies notification has no other function than to block new uploads and updates. Its active 'Accept' button has no other purpose. Except to blink uselessly when clicked. The notification may well be aimed at visitors. But has the effect of breaking the blog.

 NO information is provided to show how a blogger can comply with their latest cookie idiocy if the button doesn't work.

 Google Help suggests stopping active collection of visitor information. So I have just deleted an independent service which recorded visitor numbers. Google didn't supply such information when I first started blogging. So I used a free service to monitor my modest viewer numbers.  Which I had been using for probably well over ten years. This didn't help with the image upload problem. The "dead" cookie choice notification still pops up every time I try to add an image.

 I have cleared cookies and closed my ad blocker. Still no change in the non-functional Blogger cookies notice.

  Just as a check I opened Chrome and it allowed me to upload an image without any problem. 

 Is Goofle corruptly blocking Firefox as a Browser competitor? Using EU legislation as an excuse? 

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment