14 Oct 2023

14.10.2023 Another day older but no wiser.

 ~o~

 Saturday 14th. Cool and bright, but windy, with showers. A sunny morning is promised. Up from 2-4am after having bad dreams. Went back to bed and woke at 7.30. The stove had warmed the living room to 20C/69F with only two, split logs last night. The warmth lingered on well into the early hours.

 8.45. Time for a walk.

9.30 Bright sunshine with patches of cloud. Cold on my hands. The road was littered with leaves and twigs blown out of the hedges. Puddles everywhere from the rain. The wind pattern is a repeat of yesterday's. Steadily increasing all day. Until it peaks in the mid 20s m/s [45mph] gusts in the early evening.  

 I have to go shopping for food. So there's no excuse to mope indoors all day. Particularly as it is mostly dry and bright today.

12.00 Still bright sunshine but very windy. Back from the shops. The bananas are still darker green than most cabbages and lettuces.

I am considering planting the buddleias into large pots and placing them in the greenhouse. They have been standing outside for long enough in their original pots. I could never decide where to plant them out in the garden.

18.30 I have restocked the fridge and larder so I can have a proper meal tonight. Chicken, mushrooms, eggs and boiled potatoes? I don't do potatoes often enough and usually have to throw them away. They don't last in the closed cupboard. Perhaps they are like mushrooms and don't like being in their plastic bags? Even though the bag is wide open.

 I'll have to light the stove. It is showing 68F [20C] but it feels cold. Probably because I have had the internal doors open. To spread whatever warmth the sun provided. There is probably a draught when it is so windy. There was a shower a little while ago.

 
19.15  I have cut the potatoes small. So I can mash them.

21.00 The eggs were a disaster. I used the small frying pan but they still stuck fast. I think I made it too hot during the warming stage.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment