16 Oct 2023

16.10.2023 It's always a headwind!

 ~o~

 Monday 16th. Possible sunny periods. Up at 6am after a fairly reasonable night. Weird dreams, but I only got up twice to use the bucket. No beer with dinner and early coffee seemed to help.

 I hope to get a ride in today. A town on the south coast has a furniture shop with interesting display cabinets. I'd like to see them in the flesh. Just to get some idea of their scale and transparency to viewing in available light. 

 8.15. I ought to have gone for my morning walk by now!

 9.30 Just the usual walk to the lanes in low, blinding sunshine. Long shadows provided texture and exaggerated elevation. A flock of some 50, white breasted waders [?] circled and settled. Short beak, white breast, speckled back, ginger collar. Size of a blackbird. Golden plover? Migrant? None of the images online show the collar.

10.30 My plan to go to Fåborg was cancelled due to a Monday closed business. As was the baker and hairdresser. So I rode the 30km [20 miles] to my friend empty handed. 

15.15 A cold headwind was eating up the battery on my return journey. So I had to nurse the battery in Tour mode. Rather than using Sport or even Turbo mode on the climbs as I tired. Ended on 29% charge and a red indicator on the Nyon.  60km round trip. Late lunch. Fetching some warmth in from the greenhouse again.

19.30 Dinner was, predictably, chicken, mushrooms and chips. I am leaning towards earlier dinners. Which means I can have a beer and coffee without it being too late. Or so I hope.

 The stove is lit and I am using up the weird chunks which came with the more usual split logs. It reached 21C/70F with all the doors shut. So I let it go out at about 9.30.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment