12 Oct 2023

12.10.2023 Lies, damned lies and X.

 ~o~

 Thursday 12th. Overcast. A cool, sunny day is promised. With modest winds. Up at 6.30. 63F indoors.

 I am working on the idea of riding to my cooking class. There was further loss of the scab overnight. From my "duelling" scar. Earned in the bitter battle fought against the ladder eleven days ago. The wound is now only slightly sensitive to pressure. Which should finally allow me to safely wear my compulsory, e-bike helmet again without discomfort. I hall wear a soft, GripGrab, medieval cycling cap for further protection.

 The new car battery was on charge overnight. The meter on the charger showed 1A at 8.0 am this morning. The battery showed 15V on the multimeter on removal of the charger cables. Falling steadily to 13.5V after a few minutes. It was 15C [60F] out in the greenhouse where I had charged the battery. Avoiding off-gassing indoors, with a burning stove nearby, was sensible. The greenhouse is not even remotely airtight.

 8.15. I am going for a short walk to get a feel for the conditions. So I will know how warmly to dress for the ride. It was colder than expected.

14.30 I have returned from the cooking class on my e-bike. Carrying a new bag of porridge for breakfast. In the absence of any, at all, left at home.  It always feels windier on the e-bike, than expected, due to my forward velocity. I check wind direction with any flag or smoke I see on my journey. It feels much the same regardless of direction.

 At the cooking class I and two others, made pork on a bed of finely sliced potatoes and  mixed vegetables. The image is prior to going into the oven. Each dish had a different sauce. The meat came out tender and juicy. Another team made pumpkin soup. We have gained two new members.

 I have fitted the new battery in the Morris Minor. It showed 13V before connection after day sitting indoors. The starter motor spun over rapidly. Unlike its earlier struggle. The old battery must have been on its last legs. I tootled around the block just for the fun of it. Only slightly spoilt by being blinded by the low sun and all the raving sociopaths. Crossing the double white lines on every corner. 

 No dinner tonight. I ate [all too] well at the cooking class. Burp! 😊


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment