17 Oct 2023

17.10.2023 Goofle bans images on blogs.

 ~o~

  Tuesday 17th. Speckled overcast. Sunny periods promised. The lounge dropped from 70 to 60F [21-15C] overnight. Both the kitchen and bathroom are below 58F. The stove can't heat the whole house with lower outdoor temperatures. It was down to 4C at 8am according to the DMI. Will peak at only 11C around lunch time. Up at 7.45 after getting up every single hour during the night.

 8.50 I haven't been for a walk yet. 

 9.30. And now I have. The cloud had all but gone. Leaving a wash of bright sunshine on the heavy dew.

 9.45 I am supposed to be catching up on yesterday's plans. Thwarted by Monday closures. Ride or drive?

 Google Blogger is broken [again!] It won't let me insert images in my blog. The pop-up page to allow cookies doesn't work. No matter how many times I click on "Accept." Idiots! 

 10.00 Overcast. 

 10.30 I'll go in the MM.

 13.00 This is not going well. The furniture store had no stock or display of the cabinet I wanted to see. It had a solid wood backboard so would not have been ideal anyway. I was glad I didn't go on my e-bike. Because I would have been more disappointed to have wasted the journey. Though not the ride itself.

 It seems the IKEA offerings are still the current favourites. If only I could trust the thin, tempered glass shelves. The glass vases I want to display vary from 750-1250kg. The weight limit is only 5kg per shelf! Full width of 67cm x 36cm! There is a thriving market for acrylic replacement shelves in 3/8". I'd prefer polycarbonate! If a single top shelf breaks then the whole cabinet and its contents could potentially be destroyed.

 18.00 It feels cold in the room now. So I had to light the stove. The thermometer reads 67F. Which should be cosy. I've had to put on a fleece jacket over my jumper.

 19.00 It is already warm. Though I just didn't feel like eating any dinner. I tried an apple. Then followed up with a cheese roll. Washed down with a small cup of milk. I don't want a repeat of last night!

 22.00 Still can't upload any images to the blog. The stupid cookie notification, from the trillion dollar crooks, still isn't working. I must have been blogging for longer now. Than many of the infants they have running this farce. BTW: I am paying every month to Goofle for storing my images undersized. Now I can't update my blog. So I can't close without losing data. That problem cleared. Still blocked from uploading my own images by the non-functional, cookies notification form.

 The image upload problem is specific to Firefox. I changed to Chrome, signed in and was able to upload without a problem.



~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment