11 Oct 2023

11.10.2023 Battery energy poverty!

 ~o~

 Wednesday 11th. Dark and overcast. A very windy day with showers possible. Up at 7am. Museum day. I will have to go in the old car again. The living room held up to 68F/20C overnight. After several hours of the stove going last night and reaching a toasty 72F. The unheated kitchen is at 63F. Which is surprising. Considering it is cooler outside and there was no cooking at all yesterday. I did the washing up at 10.30pm. After realising I had no clean mugs or cutlery for the morning. Perhaps I should go over to disposable? 😏

 Google Image search has recovered overnight. After completely losing the plot yesterday. Following a Windows security update it was only showing three rows of images. Regardless of search terms. With coloured squares, with titles, down below. 

 It didn't seem to be a speed issue. I did several Internet speed tests. Well over 300Mbps. There is still a lag this morning. As I rapidly scroll down through the image results. Now improving. I regularly clear temporary files.

 12.30 Back from the museum. I spent the morning gathering leaves and weeds. Then trundling full barrows to compost heaps in the woods. There was light rain in the air and occasional strong winds.

After lunch, I shall drive into town to buy a new battery for the Morris Minor.

 The cost of the battery was unbelievable! 1200kr! I had no choice if I was to get the Morris back on the road. I brought the battery home and put it on charge. My old charger starts at 2amp and will probably sink slowly. That should be ideal. The advice is to be gentle when charging a new battery.

21.00 I just checked. It is down to 1A. Dinner was chips, fish fingers, peas and tomatoes.

 Well, that is interesting. My head has finally stopped hurting to the touch and the scab is falling off. Tomorrow promises to be sunny. So I could ride to cooking class. I'll see how I feel in the morning.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment