10 Oct 2023

10.10.2023 Keep on cookin'!

 ~o~

 Tuesday October 10th. A cool, grey day is promised with rain after lunch. Starting at about 2pm. Up at 6.15 after another, restless night. 65F in the living room. 60F in the kitchen. Cooler in the bathroom.

 I am going to take a chance and ride to cooking class. If I can get away again before the rain starts all the better. If I get wet then I can change when I get home. Just as I will change when I get there. The old school venue has a vast changing room with convenient benches and privacy.

 My head wound still hurts to the touch. There is slight swelling along the line of the scab. Worse, it lies right under my helmet headband. The helmet is compulsory on my e-bike. Despite often seeing bikers and scooterists riding  bare headed. So I shall wear a soft, GripGrab, winter cap under the helmet. This will provide some pressure relief against direct contact. I can slacken off the headband tension as well. Tilting my head appropriately may provide some variation in local pressure.

 The alternative is to go in my old car. Much as I'd like to go in the Morris Minor the old battery is dead. I need to drive into town to buy a new one. A round trip of about 18-20 miles. I should have gone yesterday but I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere. 

 I tried to find a battery of identical dimensions online but the dealer's website was extremely unfriendly. Once a trial choice was made it locked on. Then wouldn't provide the lists of alternatives to try again. Even leaving the website, closing the browser and coming back didn't help. 

 Just to add to the irritation it didn't recognise my registration plate number. Their website probably hasn't been updated after my change of ownership. Other websites had no problem recognising my car but carry no batteries in stock for me to collect. At least not within a reasonable distance. Buying a battery online and having it delivered? I'd rather talk to somebody real about my choice. 

 7.45. I ought to go for a short walk to clear the cobwebs and get a feel for the weather conditions. I can still make the choice to drive there. The later I leave it the more likely I am to drive there. It is over a week since the accident and it seems ages since I rode the bike. 

 It's not happening. It was very painful to wash my hair. So the helmet will be no better. I'll just have to go in the car. 

 14.30 Home again.  Several others and I, each made Apple and Fish Salad. It tasted fine. As was the Indian Soup and home made, flat bread. The postman has delivered the extra pair of Danish pillow cases. Which fit the designer armchairs. So now I can cover the backs of all four in dark green.

 16.30  That was nice. My friend drove over and we chatted for a couple of hours. Only 64F. So I have just lit the stove.

Later I ate the cake he brought with my cup of coffee. I was far too full to eat anything earlier. Burp!

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment