31 Mar 2024

31.03.2024 Spring forwards? Dogh!

 ~o~

  Sunday 31st 43F/6C. Overcast. Northerly breeze. Max of 10C/50F. Rain possible after lunch. A reduced risk of thunderstorms and cloudbursts today. Up at 6.45 after a reasonable night. I need to walk off my lower back pain.

 08.45 Returning from my walk around the field. The birds are busy as usual. As are the neighbours. 

 A rest day from gravel shifting would be sensible. So I need a goal for a ride. I know! Down to the coast. 25km each way. Plus any detours which take my fancy. Wallowing in nostalgia. From past trips down that way. I'd better take a spare battery.  

 10.00 Going.

 13.00 47F/8C. Continuously grey overcast. Back again. 65km/40 miles. I was too cold again. Had nothing to eat. Why do I do it? I should carry the split mitts. Even if I don't start off in them. A spare jumper takes up no space. I was wearing only the thin cardigan, over a racing jersey and long thermal vest, under the rain jacket. With racing shorts over long thermals and my lightest shoes. My feet were cold too despite my thickest wool socks. I keep doing this. I need an extra layer on the e-bike. Foolish optimism is just that. Foolish!

 Down to 12% battery charge. Well into the red. I rode 77% in Sport Mode. The rest in Turbo for climbing the many hills. Though I did the last couple of km in Tour mode. To ensure I got home with some remaining assistance. Too much traffic today. Easter Sunday? Near the coast? Saddle sore from 50km/30 miles. I kept pushing myself backwards right from the start. A smidgen more nose up might help.

 13.30 I made a cup of tea while I donned a load of warm clothing. It has started raining. So I was lucky not to get caught in that. I would have been even colder.

I have just realised that I have not put my clocks forwards. 🙄 Duly adjusted the times and the clocks. Where did the day go?

 Dinner was poached eggs on toast. Well, somebody had to. Or the chickens will become redundant.

  ~o~

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment