6 Mar 2024

6.03.2024 Gridlock!

  ~o~

 Wednesday 6th 36F/2C. Cold, misty and overcast. Up at 6.45 after two earlier, failed attempts. Museum day. 

 8.00  After yesterday's electrical problems with the Morris Minor I just checked the voltage at 12.5V. The engine turned over very rapidly but did  not fire. Not even once. It was also blocking the exit of my old car. 

 Earlier image of the half completed loft floor at the museum.

 Somewhat ironically, I had to use the starter motor in 1st gear to move the Minor out of the way. Now I can go to the museum in the old car. I will put the Morris Minor back on charge when I return. I don't want to risk charging while I am absent in case of fire. The Genius 5 smart charger felt quite warm after a couple of hours of charging from only 9V. Holding 12.5V overnight, after only a couple of hours of charging, seems quite positive. 😄

 The initial enthusiasm for the green dome as a playhouse may not have persuaded the farmer's partner. Judging from the radio [mobile] silence. I'll have to drag the segments somewhere else. So I can use the parking space as normal. I am having to reverse 120m down the drive just to get in or out. The trailer needs easy access for more trips to the recycling yard. Gridlock on the parking space was not the idea at all!

 Yet again I helped with the new loft floor in the barn at the museum. Almost completed. Mostly working from ladders and handing up long length of flooring. So plenty of exercise and jokes. They ignore my "expert" advice but we all have a good laugh.

 Afterwards I arranged for the Morris to be checked for the charging fault. The car will be picked up and delivered to the workshop on Friday. I put the Morris battery on charge as soon as I got home. Reading 12.6V before connection.

 15.30 58F/14C in the room. Stove now lit. 

 18.15  40F/4C. Almost dark. 65F/18C in the room. I am burning oversized logs. Those which can't be split because of the twisted grain. Provided there is a good, red hot bed and the remains of the last log they burn long and fine. These logs have been drying in the greenhouse for some time but I haven't tried burning them until now.

I can't have toast for dinner unless I have crusts. There are lots of leftover crusts in the freezer but no slices. Waste not. Want not! Poached eggs Sir?

 18.30 I have been out to check progress on the battery charging. A green light but strobing slowly. That probably means the new battery wasn't spoilt by running it down so low on the way home: 9V.

 19.30 38F/3C. The battery was fully charged. So I removed the charger. 20C/68F in the room.

 Dinner was fish fingers and chips. Yet again I forgot to take a photo.

 The room reached just over 69F/21C by bedtime.


~o~


No comments:

Post a Comment